29 Oct What do I do when I have been summoned to a meeting with university security?
The courts have ruled that signed statements are admissions to whatever is on the paper as true and accurate by the person who signed, regardless of whether they were understood or not.
- Ask that a union delegate be present.
- Make no statement on anything you do not agree with or understand without consulting your union delegate.
- Do not sign anything without first having a consultation with your union delegate.
- Get copies of all information at this meeting. You are entitled to a copy of anything that you are asked to sign.
- Do not be intimidated or enticed into signing anything that you do not agree with or understand.