18 Jan What are the guidelines for participating in union committees?
Q: What are the guidelines for participating in union committees?
A: The following Guidelines are intended for all members of the Union Council and Union Executive Committees.
- Familiarize yourself with the CUPEU Committee Documentation and Policies, especially the Constitution.
- Familiarize yourself with the Robert’s Rules of Order as CUPEU Committee Meetings follow those rules.
- Send a timely “yes” or “no” RSVP to the Office Administrator.
- Review previous minutes prior to attending the meeting.
- Be on time. If you are late, please enter discretely and take a seat without interrupting the meeting.
- Attend at least sixty percent (60%) of scheduled meetings.
- Limit screen time during meetings. Online research is best performed before or after meetings.